universal expansion joints / universal bellows
Universal Expansion Joints consist of two bellows elements joined together by a common spool piece so it is also called as Double Bellows Expansion Joint or Universal Bellows. An Universal Expansion Joint is generally used where more lateral movement is to be absorbed which is beyond the capacity of a single Axial Expansion Joint and when there is a limitation on the amount of lateral forces allowed by the connecting pipe system.
UNIVERSAL EXPANSION JOINTS WITH FLANGE ENDS
RECTANGULAR UNIVERSAL EXPANSION JOINTS
The products are capable of absorbing axial movement, lateral deflection and angular rotation or any combination of these. The amount of lateral deflection that can be absorbed by a double bellows expansion joint is directly proportional to the length of the spool piece between the two bellows elements. The amount of axial movement and angular rotation an universal expansion joint can absorbs depends on the characteristic of the elements such as ply thickness, number of plies, number of convolutions, pitch of convolutions, depth of convolutions, material of construction of the bellows elements etc.
Various Types of Universal Expansion Joints
Weld Ends (type 2102)
Fixed Flanges (type 2101)
We provide great, on time services to our valuable customers.
- Absorbs large axial movements, lateral deflection and angular rotations, or any combinations of these
- No change in flow direction required for installation.
- Strong anchors are required.
- Proper pipe guides are required.
- Several anchors and pipe guides are required for long sections.
- Universal Expansion joints are restricted to low or moderate pressures.